172. In light of the New Urban Agenda and with a view to enhancing the effectiveness of UN-Habitat, we request the Secretary-General to submit to the General Assembly during its seventy-first session an evidence-based and independent assessment of UN-Habitat. The result of the assessment will be a report containing recommendations to enhance the effectiveness, efficiency, accountability and oversight of UN-Habitat, and in this regard it should analyse:
- (a) The normative and operational mandate of UN-Habitat;
- (b) The governance structure of UN-Habitat for more effective, accountable and transparent decision-making, considering alternatives including universalization of the membership of its Governing Council;
- (c) The work of UN-Habitat with national, subnational and local governments and with relevant stakeholders in order to tap the full potential of partnerships;
- (d) The financial capability of UN-Habitat.
Media or #OpenData
With a hashtag per article, anyone can tag content relevant to the status and implementation of the article, and share it via social media as explained at #tags in support of easy information retrieval (video on YouTube).
If you publish a website or blog, you can also embed the Twitter timeline of a hashtag as explained at How to embed a #tag timeline in your website or blog? (Video on YouTube). There is a Twitter timeline embedded at #udhr19 - Freedom of opinion & expression; to seek & receive information.