ISIC Rev. 4 description of #isic8413 - Regulation of and contribution to more efficient operation of businesses (activity) (United Nations Statistics Division website).
Sector objectives & options
What are feasible objectives for this economic activity? Taking into consideration dependencies on the performance of other activities, what options exist to achieve these objectives for this economic activity?
Doing Business Data (from IFC and The World Bank) supports a comparison of the world's economies for a wide range of topics (from starting a business, over employing workers, to resolving insolvency).
Regimes vary strongly in accordance with the level of institutional development in a country.
- What are suitable arrangements for training the human resources in this sector? (Pico level)
- What are preferable (legal) structures for producing the goods or delivering the services: cooperative2, private corporation, public-private partnership, charity, membership organisation? (Micro level)
- What aspects of the sector assets should be managed in a cooperative (e.g. irrigation schemes), via charity, or in a sector federation? (Meso level)
- What are suitable fiscal and regulatory arrangements for the professions? Should the profession be protected? Should the sector be protected from foreign competition? Should the fiscal regime be local, national, or international? (Macro level)
Gap & diagnostics
What is the Gap between the current Regime for this sector in your country, state, province or town (AS-IS) and a regime that meets the objectives (for the TO-BE)?
Why are we not capable to achieve the objective for this socio-economic activity?
Sustainable versus non-sustainable practices.
In answering the Why? question give attention to various dimensions of the gap, which usually is caused by a wicked problem;
- Do education programs exist for people? And if so: in which schools? Are the subjects taught kept up-to date?
- For people who would be leading the businesses or organisations that produce the goods, or deliver the services?
- For people who would be performing the work? (Address this question for all professions required)
- Do domestic regulations provide a regulatory framework that is conducive for this kind of businesses to be established?
- Does poor performance of #isic8413 - Regulation of and contribution to more efficient operation of businesses imply social, environmental or health impacts and risks? How have are risks being addressed and mitigated successfully?
What guidelines regarding #isic8413 - Regulation of and contribution to more efficient operation of businesses can be formulated for the roles involved?
Try to pay attention to roles3 at all levels in the social architecture.
The development of a private sector which generates wealth and employment for the domestic economy.
Below resources may support you in answering the questions stated before.
Use hashtag #isic8413 to share your questions, answers, resources!
We may include resources in the table below.
CPC Ver. 2 description of (product/service) subclasses:
- 91131 - Public administrative services related to agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting,
- 91132 - Public administrative services related to fuel and energy,
- 91133 - Public administrative services related to mining and mineral resources, manufacturing and construction,
- 91134 - Public administrative services related to transport and communications,
- 91135 - Public administrative services related to the distributive and catering trades, hotels and restaurants,
- 91136 - Public administrative services related to tourism affairs
- 91137 - Public administrative services related to multipurpose development projects and
- 91138 - Public administrative services related to general economic, commercial and labour affairs
Questions, answers & comments
In the media
With a hashtag per economic activity, anyone can tag content about the activity, and share it via social media as explained at #tags in support of easy information retrieval (video on YouTube).
If you publish a website or blog, you can also embed the Twitter timeline of a hashtag as explained at How to embed a #tag timeline in your website of blog? (Video on YouTube). There is a Twitter timeline embedded at #isic9101 - Library and archives activities.
In a next step, this content will be curated into further sections of the sector map, or in the sector map of a country social capital wiki. Currently available are social capital wikis of the European Union, India, Maroc (en français), Nepal, Philippines, Tanzania and the United States