ISIC Rev. 4 description of #isic8430 - Compulsory social security activities (activity) (United Nations Statistics Division website).
Sector objectives & options
What are feasible objectives for this economic activity in your city or community? Taking into consideration dependencies on the performance of other activities, what options exist to achieve below objectives for this economic activity?
- What are suitable arrangements for training the human resources in this sector? (Pico level)
- What are preferable (legal) structures for producing the goods or delivering the services: cooperative2, private corporation, public-private partnership, charity, membership organisation? (Micro level)
- What aspects of the sector assets should be managed in a cooperative (e.g. irrigation schemes), via charity, or in a sector federation? (Meso level)
- What are suitable fiscal and regulatory arrangements for the professions? Should the profession be protected? Should the sector be protected from foreign competition? Should the fiscal regime be local, national, or international? (Macro level)
Gap & diagnostics
What is the Gap between the current Regime for this sector in your country, state, province or town (AS-IS) and a regime that meets the objectives (for the TO-BE)?
Why are we not capable to achieve the objective for this socio-economic activity?
In answering the Why? question give attention to various dimensions of the gap, which usually is caused by a wicked problem;
- Do education programs exist for people? And if so: in which schools? Are the subjects taught kept up-to date?
- For people who would be leading the businesses or organisations that produce the goods, or deliver the services?
- For people who would be performing the work? (Address this question for all professions required)
- Do domestic regulations provide a regulatory framework that is conducive for this kind of businesses to be established?
- Does poor performance of #isic8430 - Compulsory social security activities imply social, environmental or health impacts and risks? How have are risks being addressed and mitigated successfully?
What guidelines regarding #isic8430 - Compulsory social security activities can be formulated for the roles involved?
Try to pay attention to roles3 at all levels in the social architecture.
Below resources may support you in answering the questions stated before.
Use hashtag #isic8430 to share your questions, answers, resources!
We may include resources in the table below.
CPC Ver. 2 description of (product/service) subclasses:
- 91310 - Administrative services related to sickness, maternity or temporary disablement benefit schemes,
- 91320 - Administrative services related to government employee pension schemes; old-age disability or survivors' benefit schemes, other than for government employees,
- 91330 - Administrative services related to unemployment compensation benefit schemes, and
- 91340 - Administrative services related to family and child allowance programmes.
|#COFOG10 - Social Protection (Gov. Function Map)|
|#cofog1011 - Sickness (IS)|
|#cofog1012 - Disability (IS)|
|#cofog1020 - Old age (IS)|
|#cofog1040 - Family and children (IS)|
Questions, answers & comments
In the media
With a hashtag per economic activity, anyone can tag content about the activity, and share it via social media as explained at #tags in support of easy information retrieval (video on YouTube).
If you publish a website or blog, you can also embed the Twitter timeline of a hashtag as explained at How to embed a #tag timeline in your website of blog? (Video on YouTube). There is a Twitter timeline embedded at #isic9101 - Library and archives activities.
In a next step, this content will be curated into further sections of the sector map, or in the sector map of a country social capital wiki. Currently available are social capital wikis of the European Union, India, Maroc (en français), Nepal, Philippines, Tanzania and the United States