Other functions of government via Tag cloud for functions of government.
Look up #cofog0421 for recent online news and announcements on #cofog0421 - Agriculture (CS).
No #cofog0421 content yet?
- Start the conversation by posting and sharing and re-sharing content, questions and answers about #cofog0421 - Agriculture (CS), adding its hashtag #cofog0421 .
- Is content specific to a country? Then add the country's ISO code as listed per continent in the sidebar or menu.
- Empower your readers by explaining the use of the #tags.
Plenty of #cofog0421 content already?
- Consider curating it, and propose improvements for the initial sections of this page.
- Target guidelines at actors at different levels in the Societal Architecture, or in function maps of country social capital wikis.
- Be aware of the Sustainable development goals (#SDGs) that matter for this function of government, and explain what each actor should do to achieve them.
What value orientations matter for this function?
Objectives for persons
Objectives for organizations
For the function in a territory:
What are feasible objectives & options for delivering this function of government? Taking into consideration dependencies on the country's resource endowments, what options exist to achieve which objectives for this function of government?
#SDG2 - End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition, and promote sustainable agriculture
- #SDT021 - by 2030 end hunger and ensure access by all people, in particular the poor and people in vulnerable situations ...
- #SDT022 - by 2030 end all forms of malnutrition, including achieving by 2025 the internationally agreed targets on stunting..
- #SDT023 - by 2030 double the agricultural productivity and the incomes of small-scale food producers, particularly women,..
- #SDT024 - by 2030 ensure sustainable food production systems & implement resilient agricultural practices that increase ...
- #SDT025 - by 2020 maintain genetic diversity of seeds, cultivated plants, farmed & domesticated animals &their related wild spec
- #SDT02a - rural infrastructure, agricultural research and extension services, technology development, plant&livestock gene banks
- #SDT02b - correct and prevent trade restrictions and distortions in world agricultural markets including by ...
- #SDT02c - adopt measures to ensure the proper functioning of food commodity markets & their derivatives, facilitate ...
Gaps and diagnostics: What goes wrong and why?
Gaps can be articulated with respect to a result framework or the Sustainable development goals (#SDGs). One must take into consideration the level of scope, and its level of development (in a peer group).
What guidelines can be formulated for delivering this function of government?
The guidelines for actors at the various level of scope had better be informed by a Theory of Change that is aligned with a strong diagnostic hypothesis for the function of government.
- Public private partnerships which may involve cooperatives1 may offer suitable models for delivering certain functions of government! What are (open access) best practices? What are workable public-private boundaries in delivering this function?
- The level of scope in guidelines is reflected in the socio-technical level of roles. Each role must be defined in one of Pico roles, Micro roles, Meso roles or Macro roles. When a role is referenced here, its definition page should also contain a link to this page.
For each function of government a substantial number of online resources are available. Some of these resources are listed here. Additions can be suggested in comments, or posts using #cofog0421.
- COFOG description of #cofog0421 - Agriculture (CS)
#ww88A - Agriculture, forestry and fishing
- #isic0111 - Growing of cereals (except rice), leguminous crops and oil seeds
- #isic0112 - Growing of rice
- #isic0113 - Growing of vegetables and melons, roots and tubers
- #isic0114 - Growing of sugar cane
- #isic0115 - Growing of tobacco
- #isic0116 - Growing of fibre crops
- #isic0119 - Growing of other non-perennial crops
- #isic0121 - Growing of grapes
- #isic0122 - Growing of tropical and subtropical fruits
- #isic0123 - Growing of citrus fruits
- #isic0124 - Growing of pome fruits and stone fruits
- #isic0125 - Growing of other tree and bush fruits and nuts
- #isic0126 - Growing of oleaginous fruits
- #isic0127 - Growing of beverage crops
- #isic0128 - Growing of spices, aromatic, drug and pharmaceutical crops
- #isic0129 - Growing of other perennial crops
- #isic0130 - Plant propagation
- #isic0141 - Raising of cattle and buffaloes
- #isic0142 - Raising of horses and other equines
- #isic0143 - Raising of camels and camelids
- #isic0144 - Raising of sheep and goats
- #isic0145 - Raising of swine/pigs
- #isic0146 - Raising of poultry
- #isic0149 - Raising of other animals
- #isic0150 - Mixed farming
- #isic0161 - Support activities for crop production
- #isic0162 - Support activities for animal production
- #isic0163 - Post-harvest crop activities
- #isic0164 - Seed processing for propagation
- #isic0170 - Hunting, trapping and related service activities
- #isic0210 - Silviculture and other forestry activities
- #isic0220 - Logging
- #isic0230 - Gathering of non-wood forest products
- #isic0240 - Support services to forestry
- #isic0311 - Marine fishing
- #isic0312 - Freshwater fishing
- #isic0321 - Marine aquaculture
- #isic0322 - Freshwater aquaculture
Class-level Function of Government maps under #COFOG04 - Economic Affairs:
#COFOG04 - Economic Affairs
- #cofog0411 - General economic and commercial affairs (CS)
- #cofog0412 - General labour affairs (CS)
- #cofog0421 - Agriculture (CS)
- #cofog0422 - Forestry (CS)
- #cofog0423 - Fishing and hunting (CS)
- #cofog0431 - Coal and other solid mineral fuels (CS)
- #cofog0432 - Petroleum and natural gas (CS)
- #cofog0433 - Nuclear fuel (CS)
- #cofog0434 - Other fuels (CS)
- #cofog0435 - Electricity (CS)
- #cofog0436 - Non-electric energy (CS)
- #cofog0441 - Mining of mineral resources other than mineral fuels (CS)
- #cofog0442 - Manufacturing (CS)
- #cofog0443 - Construction (CS)
- #cofog0451 - Road transport (CS)
- #cofog0452 - Water transport (CS)
- #cofog0453 - Railway transport (CS)
- #cofog0454 - Air transport (CS)
- #cofog0455 - Pipeline and other transport (CS)
- #cofog0460 - Communication (CS)
- #cofog0471 - Distributive trades, storage and warehousing (CS)
- #cofog0472 - Hotels and restaurants (CS)
- #cofog0473 - Tourism (CS)
- #cofog0474 - Multi-purpose development projects (CS)
- #cofog0481 - R&D General economic, commercial and labour affairs (CS)
- #cofog0482 - R&D Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (CS)
- #cofog0483 - R&D Fuel and energy (CS)
- #cofog0484 - R&D Mining, manufacturing and construction (CS)
- #cofog0485 - R&D Transport (CS)
- #cofog0486 - R&D Communication (CS)
- #cofog0487 - R&D Other industries (CS)
- #cofog0490 - Economic affairs n.e.c. (CS)