Other functions of government via Tag cloud for functions of government.
Look up #cofog0422 for recent online news and announcements on #cofog0422 - Forestry (CS).
No #cofog0422 content yet?
- Start the conversation by posting and sharing and re-sharing content, questions and answers about #cofog0422 - Forestry (CS), adding its hashtag #cofog0422 .
- Is content specific to a country? Then add the country's ISO code as listed per continent in the sidebar or menu.
- Empower your readers by explaining the use of the #tags.
Plenty of #cofog0422 content already?
- Consider curating it, and propose improvements for the initial sections of this page.
- Target guidelines at actors at different levels in the Societal Architecture, or in function maps of country social capital wikis.
- Be aware of the Sustainable development goals (#SDGs) that matter for this function of government, and explain what each actor should do to achieve them.
What value orientations matter for this function?
Objectives for persons
Objectives for organizations
For the function in a territory:
What are feasible objectives & options for delivering this function of government? Taking into consideration dependencies on the country's resource endowments, what options exist to achieve which objectives for this function of government?
Objectives for the function
Objectives for the territory
Gaps and diagnostics: What goes wrong and why?
Gaps can be articulated with respect to a result framework or the Sustainable development goals (#SDGs). One must take into consideration the level of scope, and its level of development (in a peer group).
What guidelines can be formulated for delivering this function of government?
The guidelines for actors at the various level of scope had better be informed by a Theory of Change that is aligned with a strong diagnostic hypothesis for the function of government.
- Public private partnerships which may involve cooperatives1 may offer suitable models for delivering certain functions of government! What are (open access) best practices? What are workable public-private boundaries in delivering this function?
- The level of scope in guidelines is reflected in the socio-technical level of roles. Each role must be defined in one of Pico roles, Micro roles, Meso roles or Macro roles. When a role is referenced here, its definition page should also contain a link to this page.
For each function of government a substantial number of online resources are available. Some of these resources are listed here. Additions can be suggested in comments, or posts using #cofog0422.
- COFOG description of #cofog0422 - Forestry (CS)
#SDG15 - Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, ...
- #SDT151 - by 2020 ensure conservation, restoration and sustainable use of terrestrial and inland freshwater ecosystems ...
- #SDT152 - by 2020, promote the implementation of sustainable management of all types of forests, halt deforestation, ...
- #SDT153 - by 2020, combat desertification, and restore degraded land and soil, including land affected by desertification, ...
- #SDT154 - by 2030 ensure the conservation of mountain ecosystems, including their biodiversity, to enhance their capacity..
- #SDT155 - take urgent and significant action to reduce degradation of natural habitat, halt the loss of biodiversity, and .
- #SDT156 - ensure fair and equitable sharing of the benefits arising from the utilization of genetic resources, and promote ...
- #SDT157 - take urgent action to end poaching and trafficking of protected species of flora and fauna, and address both ...
- #SDT158 - by 2020 introduce measures to prevent the introduction and significantly reduce the impact of invasive alien species..
- #SDT159 - by 2020, integrate ecosystems and biodiversity values into national and local planning, development processes ...
- #SDT15a - mobilize & significantly increase from all sources financial resources to conserve and sustainably use biodiversity...
- #SDT15b - mobilize significantly resources from all sources and at all levels to finance sustainable forest management ...
- #SDT15c - enhance global support to efforts to combat poaching and trafficking of protected species, including by ...
Class-level Function of Government maps under #COFOG04 - Economic Affairs:
#COFOG04 - Economic Affairs
- #cofog0411 - General economic and commercial affairs (CS)
- #cofog0412 - General labour affairs (CS)
- #cofog0421 - Agriculture (CS)
- #cofog0422 - Forestry (CS)
- #cofog0423 - Fishing and hunting (CS)
- #cofog0431 - Coal and other solid mineral fuels (CS)
- #cofog0432 - Petroleum and natural gas (CS)
- #cofog0433 - Nuclear fuel (CS)
- #cofog0434 - Other fuels (CS)
- #cofog0435 - Electricity (CS)
- #cofog0436 - Non-electric energy (CS)
- #cofog0441 - Mining of mineral resources other than mineral fuels (CS)
- #cofog0442 - Manufacturing (CS)
- #cofog0443 - Construction (CS)
- #cofog0451 - Road transport (CS)
- #cofog0452 - Water transport (CS)
- #cofog0453 - Railway transport (CS)
- #cofog0454 - Air transport (CS)
- #cofog0455 - Pipeline and other transport (CS)
- #cofog0460 - Communication (CS)
- #cofog0471 - Distributive trades, storage and warehousing (CS)
- #cofog0472 - Hotels and restaurants (CS)
- #cofog0473 - Tourism (CS)
- #cofog0474 - Multi-purpose development projects (CS)
- #cofog0481 - R&D General economic, commercial and labour affairs (CS)
- #cofog0482 - R&D Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (CS)
- #cofog0483 - R&D Fuel and energy (CS)
- #cofog0484 - R&D Mining, manufacturing and construction (CS)
- #cofog0485 - R&D Transport (CS)
- #cofog0486 - R&D Communication (CS)
- #cofog0487 - R&D Other industries (CS)
- #cofog0490 - Economic affairs n.e.c. (CS)