Other functions of government via Tag cloud for functions of government.
Look up #cofog0423 for recent online news and announcements on #cofog0423 - Fishing and hunting (CS).
No #cofog0423 content yet?
- Start the conversation by posting and sharing and re-sharing content, questions and answers about #cofog0423 - Fishing and hunting (CS), adding its hashtag #cofog0423 .
- Is content specific to a country? Then add the country's ISO code as listed per continent in the sidebar or menu.
- Empower your readers by explaining the use of the #tags.
Plenty of #cofog0423 content already?
- Consider curating it, and propose improvements for the initial sections of this page.
- Target guidelines at actors at different levels in the Societal Architecture, or in function maps of country social capital wikis.
- Be aware of the Sustainable development goals (#SDGs) that matter for this function of government, and explain what each actor should do to achieve them.
What value orientations matter for this function?
Objectives for persons
Objectives for organizations
For the function in a territory:
What are feasible objectives & options for delivering this function of government? Taking into consideration dependencies on the country's resource endowments, what options exist to achieve which objectives for this function of government?
Objectives for the function
Objectives for the territory
Gaps and diagnostics: What goes wrong and why?
Gaps can be articulated with respect to a result framework or the Sustainable development goals (#SDGs). One must take into consideration the level of scope, and its level of development (in a peer group).
What guidelines can be formulated for delivering this function of government?
The guidelines for actors at the various level of scope had better be informed by a Theory of Change that is aligned with a strong diagnostic hypothesis for the function of government.
- Public private partnerships which may involve cooperatives1 may offer suitable models for delivering certain functions of government! What are (open access) best practices? What are workable public-private boundaries in delivering this function?
- The level of scope in guidelines is reflected in the socio-technical level of roles. Each role must be defined in one of Pico roles, Micro roles, Meso roles or Macro roles. When a role is referenced here, its definition page should also contain a link to this page.
For each function of government a substantial number of online resources are available. Some of these resources are listed here. Additions can be suggested in comments, or posts using #cofog0423.
- COFOG description of #cofog0423 - Fishing and hunting (CS)
#SDG14 - Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development
- #SDT141 - by 2025, prevent and significantly reduce marine pollution of all kinds, particularly from land-based activities,..
- #SDT142 - by 2020, sustainably manage and protect marine and coastal ecosystems to avoid significant adverse impacts, ...
- #SDT143 - minimize and address the impacts of ocean acidification, including through enhanced scientific cooperation ...
- #SDT144 - by 2020, effectively regulate harvesting, and end overfishing, illegal, unreported and unregulated (IUU) fishing ...
- #SDT145 - by 2020, conserve at least 10 per cent of coastal and marine areas, consistent with national & international law..
- #SDT146 - by 2020, prohibit certain forms of fisheries subsidies which contribute to overcapacity and overfishing, and ...
- #SDT147 - by 2030 increase the economic benefits to SIDS and LDCs from the sustainable use of marine resources, including ...
- #SDT14a - increase scientific knowledge, develop research capacities and transfer marine technology taking into account ...
- #SDT14b - provide access of small-scale artisanal fishers to marine resources and markets
- #SDT14c - ensure the full implementation of international law, as reflected in UNCLOS for states parties to it, including, ...
Class-level Function of Government maps under #COFOG04 - Economic Affairs:
#COFOG04 - Economic Affairs
- #cofog0411 - General economic and commercial affairs (CS)
- #cofog0412 - General labour affairs (CS)
- #cofog0421 - Agriculture (CS)
- #cofog0422 - Forestry (CS)
- #cofog0423 - Fishing and hunting (CS)
- #cofog0431 - Coal and other solid mineral fuels (CS)
- #cofog0432 - Petroleum and natural gas (CS)
- #cofog0433 - Nuclear fuel (CS)
- #cofog0434 - Other fuels (CS)
- #cofog0435 - Electricity (CS)
- #cofog0436 - Non-electric energy (CS)
- #cofog0441 - Mining of mineral resources other than mineral fuels (CS)
- #cofog0442 - Manufacturing (CS)
- #cofog0443 - Construction (CS)
- #cofog0451 - Road transport (CS)
- #cofog0452 - Water transport (CS)
- #cofog0453 - Railway transport (CS)
- #cofog0454 - Air transport (CS)
- #cofog0455 - Pipeline and other transport (CS)
- #cofog0460 - Communication (CS)
- #cofog0471 - Distributive trades, storage and warehousing (CS)
- #cofog0472 - Hotels and restaurants (CS)
- #cofog0473 - Tourism (CS)
- #cofog0474 - Multi-purpose development projects (CS)
- #cofog0481 - R&D General economic, commercial and labour affairs (CS)
- #cofog0482 - R&D Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (CS)
- #cofog0483 - R&D Fuel and energy (CS)
- #cofog0484 - R&D Mining, manufacturing and construction (CS)
- #cofog0485 - R&D Transport (CS)
- #cofog0486 - R&D Communication (CS)
- #cofog0487 - R&D Other industries (CS)
- #cofog0490 - Economic affairs n.e.c. (CS)