Sector: These principles matter especially for actors in these:
- Functions of Government (COFOG)
- Economic Activities (ISIC):
- 8411 - General public administration activities,
- 8421 - Foreign affairs,
- 9411 - Activities of business and employers membership organizations,
- 9412 - Activities of professional membership organizations,
- 9420 - Activities of trade unions,
- 9491 - Activities of religious organizations,
- 9492 - Activities of political organizations,
- 9499 - Activities of other membership organizations n.e.c. and
- 9900 - Activities of extraterritorial organizations and bodies
International organizations and government entities have articulated principles that inform and support the way in which they set about fulfilling their mission.
When comparing these principles across a number of organizations and activities, it is striking that there are several commonalities. The listed common principles are based on a commonality check of:
- Paris Declaration on Aid Effectiveness (2005)
- Shared Principles of the Busan Partnership for Effective Development Co-operation (2011)
- Istanbul CSO Development Effectiveness Principles
- Governance and Anticorruption Key Principles that guide the World Bank Group's work on governance and anticorruption
- The 10 Fragile State Principles that provide a set of guidelines for actors involved in development co-operation, peacebuilding, statebuilding and security in fragile and conflict-affected states
- Principles of Democracy
- Focus on results
- Inclusive development partnerships
- Ownership of development priorities by the target constituency
- Separation of powers
- Transparency and accountability to each other
Articulate common principles as a basis to which principles used elsewhere can be traced back.
For these common principles, provide (counter-) examples of actions, services or systems that (do not) realize these principles.
Given the traceability between principle usage and a common principle, the examples and counter-examples can serve as an input for the organizations and activities that have adopted certain principles.
This list is provided by this Actor Atlas. Yet all participants in a Global Partnership should comply with them.
Use the #cp hashtag to share comments and content related to each article via social media.