- 02. A global strategy for growth and jobs
- 03-08. Fostering Employment and Social Protection
- 10-11. Increasing the benefits from financial integration and ...
- 12-13. Reflecting the changing economic equilibrium and the emergence of new international currencies
- 14-16. Strengthening our capacity to cope with crises
- 17-20. Strengthening IMF surveillance
- 23-27. Meeting our commitments notably on banks, OTC derivatives, compensation practices and credit rating agencies, and ...
- 28-29. Addressing the too big to fail issue
- 30-34. Filling in the gaps in the regulation and supervision of the financial sector
- 35-36. Tackling tax havens and non-cooperative jurisdictions
- 37-39. Strengthening the FSB capacity resources and governance
- 40-51. Addressing Food Price Volatility and Increasing Agriculture Production and Productivity
- 52-57. Improving the functioning of Energy Markets
- 58. Protecting Marine Environment
- 59-60. Fostering Clean energy, Green Growth and Sustainable Development
- 61-64. Pursuing the Fight against Climate Change
- 65-68. Avoiding protectionism and reinforcing the Multilateral Trading System
- 69-71. Development: Investing for Global Growth
- 72. -- Food Security
- 73-76. -- Infrastructure and its Financing
- 77. -- Social protection floors in developing countries
- 78. -- Global Partnership for Financial Inclusion
- 79-84. -- Financing, Tax Administrations, Revenue Systems, Transparency, ODA
- 85-89. Intensifying our Fight against Corruption
- 90-95. Governance
A chapter by chapter wiki version of the G20-Declaration-Cannes Final Declaration (pdf at Scribd) Resulting from the G20 Cannes Summit (November 2011).
The original G20 Cannes Summit Declarations and Reports are provided at Official Website of the French Presidency of the G20 and G8 (G20-G8.com) where legal notices describe the reservations and strict limits on the reproduction rights.
Strengthen the coordination of G20 member economic policies in order to reduce global imbalances and encourage world growth.
Growing imbalances (for instance those between countries with an export-based economic strategy, and countries that finance domestic growth by accumulating significant external debt,) create a fragile, unstable basis for world growth and thus hold it back.
Why the Declaration as a wiki?
The aim of providing the Declaration as a wiki is first of all educational; and it is also to encourage a more profound public understanding of, and debate on the G20 initiatives.
In democratic civilizations, low hurdle access to individual articles of joint declarations by heads of state, a further explanation of their content, their justification, and possible criticisms are all essential ingredients an a road towards building a common future, with collective action that should yield benefits for all.