Full Name (abbr.): FindYouthInfo.gov
Owners: FindYouthInfo.gov was created by the Interagency Working Group on Youth Programs (IWGYP), which is composed of representatives from 12 Federal agencies that support programs and services focusing on youth.
Target Groups: Youth of the United States of America
Baseline: Fragmented programs with insufficient collaboration; lack of (easily accessible) information on existing programs relevant to youth with specific needs.
Blueprint: Enhanced collaboration at the federal, state and local levels, among departments that matter to youth, their parents and caregivers. Information on provided services and programs can be easily found by their intended beneficiaries.
Actions and Resources:
FindYouthInfo.gov services and resources are provided under these headings:
- Youth Topics: information, strategies, tools, and resources for youth, families, schools and community organizations related to a variety of cross-cutting topics that affect youth.
- Youth Voices invites teenagers and young adults to reflect on their life experiences and share their perspectives on the people, relationships, programs, and life lessons that have made a real difference for them.
- Map My Community: an interactive mapping tool to locate federally supported youth programs in each community. Search by full address or ZIP code and click Find Programs.
- Funding Search: Grants.gov contains information about more than 1,000 grant programs offered by all federal grant-making agencies, including the federal agencies that support FindYouthInfo.gov. You can search and apply federal government grants at Grants.gov.
- Collaboration Profiles: a series of collaboration profiles to promote enhanced collaboration at the federal, state, and local levels. The profiles provide real work examples of the ways that different organizations work together to improve outcomes for youth. Each collaboration is unique in their purpose, accomplishments, how they structure their work, the challenges that they face, and the types of organizations that are involved.
- Program Directory: evidence-based programs whose purpose is to prevent and/or reduce delinquency or other problem behaviors in young people.
- Federal Resources: A navigation tool to identify federal programs and resources; Federal Data Resources; Federal Listservs.