Guidance on content patterns and key concepts: scope — social architecture — actor maps — statute books — initiative books — resource books — three realm maps — government functions — industry sectors — municipal circles
Actor Maps & Lists
The actor maps and lists included in the prototype atlas focus on actors at the scales global, regional, national and local, and at the socio-technical levels pico, micro, meso and macro.
Global and Regional Maps
If a new map should be added to the atlas, then navigate to the suitable page and create the actor map there.
- United Nations
- European Union
- Global actors
In the completed version of the Actor Atlas each country map will list actors (links to their websites) by function of government (COFOG). This is illustrated in United States and India. For the other countries only a few links are included.
A Afghanistan Albania Algeria Angola Antigua and Barbuda Argentina Armenia Australia Austria Azerbaijan B Bahamas Bahrain Bangladesh Belarus Belgium Belize Benin Bhutan Bolivia Bosnia and Herzegovina Botswana Brazil Brunei Darussalam Bulgaria Burkina Faso Burundi C Cambodia Cameroon Canada Cape Verde Central African Republic Chad Chile China Colombia Comoros Congo, Dem. Rep. Congo, Rep. Costa Rica Cote d'Ivoire Croatia Cuba Cyprus Czech Republic D Denmark Djibouti Dominica Dominican Republic E Ecuador Egypt, Arab. Rep. El Salvador Equatorial Guinea Eritrea Estonia Ethiopia F Fiji Finland France G Gabon Gambia, the Georgia Germany Ghana Greece Grenada Guatemala Guinea Guinea-Bissau Guyana H Haiti Honduras Hong Kong, China Hungary I Iceland India Indonesia Iran, Islamic Rep. Iraq Ireland Israel Italy J Jamaica Japan Jordan K Kazakhstan Kenya Kiribati Korea, North Korea, Rep. Kosovo Kuwait Kyrgyz Republic L Lao PDR Latvia Lebanon Lesotho Liberia Libya Lithuania Luxembourg M Macedonia, FYR Madagascar Malawi Malaysia Maldives Mali Malta Marshall Islands Mauritania Mauritius Mexico Micronesia, Fed. Sts. Moldova Mongolia Montenegro Morocco Mozambique Myanmar N Namibia Nepal Netherlands New Zealand Nicaragua Niger Nigeria Norway O Oman P Pakistan Palau Panama Papua New Guinea Paraguay Peru Philippines Poland Portugal Puerto Rico Q Qatar R Romania Russian Federation Rwanda S Samoa Sao Tome and Principe Saudi Arabia Senegal Serbia Seychelles Sierra Leone Singapore Slovak Republic Slovenia Solomon Islands Somalia South Africa Spain Sri Lanka St. Kitts and Nevis St. Lucia St. Vincent and the Grenadines Sudan Suriname Swaziland Sweden Switzerland Syrian Arab Republic T Taiwan, China Tajikistan Tanzania Thailand Timor-Leste Togo Tonga Trinidad and Tobago Tunisia Turkey Turkmenistan U Uganda Ukraine United Arab Emirates United Kingdom United States Uruguay Uzbekistan V Vanuatu Venezuela, R.B. Vietnam W West Bank and Gaza Y Yemen, Rep. Z Zambia Zimbabwe
Local development dashboards, for use by national and local stakeholders will be created per country, such as in Nepal development dashboards.
These dashboards will include list of national and local actors, each with a link to the related role-page in the Actor Atlas.
Actors in Sector and Government Function Maps (by level)
Each sector map and each government function map lists roles for pico, micro, meso and macro level actors that perform roles in the typical interactions of the sector. Each role-page, for instance teacher will also include links to the ISIC sector maps in which there is guidance for that sector.
Check Pico Classification for the inclusion criterion of this class.
- Access to Information officer
- Aid consultant
- Business Change Manager
- Citizen of target group
- Civil servant
- Initiative Manager
- Member of Parliament
- Participation Content Steward
- Party leader
- Prime Minister
- Senior Responsible Owner
- Someone standing for government office
- Taxpayer of donor country
Check Micro Classification for the inclusion criterion of this class.
- Country Chapter of the Actor Atlas
- External partner
- Implementing agency
- Initiative Support Office
- ISIC-3510 Firm ( Electric power generation, transmission or distribution)
- ISIC-3520 Firm (Manufacture of gas; distribution of gaseous fuels through mains)
- Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC)
- Plant clinic
- Political party
- Project Team
- Radio Station
Check Meso Classification for the inclusion criterion of this class.
- Bankers Association
- Civil service commission
- Department of Education
- e-Agriculture (Community of Practice)
- Energy access practitioner network
- Global Centre for ICT in Parliament
- Guideline Clearinghouse
- International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA)
- International Federation of Reproduction Rights Organisations
- International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center
- International Rice Research Institute
- Inter-Parliamentary Union
- League of Cities
- League of Municipalities
- League of Provinces
- League of Vice Governors
- Tax Justice Network
- Teacher and Teacher Educators from sub-Saharan Africa (TESSA)
- Teacher's Association
- United Nations Peacebuilding Commission
Check Macro Classification for the inclusion criterion of this class.
- Ethnic group
- Financial Stability Board (FSB)
- Government Accountability Office
- Internet Governance Forum
- Member State of the UN
- National Knowledge Commission
- National Statistical System
- Parliamentary Monitoring Organization
- Recipient government
- United Nations
- United Nations Statistics Division
- WIPO Standing Committee on Copyright and Related Rights