Guidance on content patterns and key concepts: Global Partnership — scope — social architecture — actor maps — statute books — initiative books — resource books — three realm maps — government functions — industry sectors — municipal circles
Select language for reading
حدد لغة للقراءة.
Piliin ang wika para sa pagbabasa.
Sélectionnez la langue pour la lecture.
पढ़ने के लिए भाषा का चयन करें.
Pilih bahasa untuk membaca.
읽기를 위해 언어를 선택합니다.
Selecione o idioma para leitura.
Выберите язык для чтения.
Seleccione el idioma para la lectura.
Chọn ngôn ngữ để đọc.
Table of Contents
Just before the start of the 2012 Olympics, the London Dashboard was launched.
How about launching a #socialmedia presence for your municipality?
One example is the social capital wiki page of Lacub, in Abra province in the Philippines.
The internet offers a rich platform to open up knowledge for the development of your community as aimed for by the Convention on Knowledge Commons.
Strengthening Local Capacity: #Tag2Wiki to mutual accountability
What can you do to strengthen your municipality's development capacity?
You can with as little as a blog, a Twitter account, a Google+ account, a Facebook Page, or a url.
By using #TagFest hashtags you can lower access hurdles for content that you consider important for members in your community.
#Tag - a first engagement step
Check out the #Tag Guideline - World (top-left corner) that introduces a range of hashtags for use when tagging content that either:
- is specific for a function of government in a country:
- is specific to an economic activity in a country:
- is specific for your region or municipality. These tags are introduced in #Tag Guideline - World
By learning and using these tags, you take the first engagement step!
2Wiki - a second engagement step
In a second collaborative step, the tagged content can be curated as part of a local social capital wiki (page).
Additional exploratory municipal development content (currently in the Actor Atlas) will gradually be moved to the suitable suitable social capital wiki. This content includes:
- Nepal » Nārāyaṇī » Chitwan » Dhampuse
- Kenya (linkages to national open data),
- United States (link to Map My Community service of FindYouthInfo.gov).
To Mutual Accountability - The Goal
Read First: What does it mean to strengthen citizen participation in local governance and why is it important? (New Tactics in Human Rights).
|A municipal social capital page in local languages supports your neighbourhood's resilience and development communications in two ''dialogue'' streams|
|Monitoring Stream: In each municipality, anyone can give comments, propose, monitor and evaluate initiatives using his or her preferred social medium channel, with options listed in the Public Monitoring Window.|
|Participation Stream: A (local) participation content steward and (municipal) Access to Information officers structure compelling content in the (municipal) social capital page for oversight, easy access and navigation by the local constituency. The dashboard content typically covers local initiatives and resources and links them into locally relevant public and private sector maps.|
A Public Monitoring Window is needed for each administrative unit in each country of the world. These units are known, and can be found via the Administrative division link at each country's map.
If you are a governor or a mayor, then consider also this: …
Class-level Sector maps in support of Domestic and Local Economy
In the domestic development dashboards, at the country, province or state level, under tab Sectors, class-level sector maps that are relevant for local economic development can be listed. This is work in progress though.
Some examples of ISIC class-level sector maps and their use:
- 9101 - Library and archives activities: The status in your municipality regarding library and archives activities can be addressed under the heading Recreation, culture and religion (with impact also for Education and General Public Services). Whether the creation or improvement of library and archives activities should be a (government or private sector) priority can be addressed in comments (for consideration by the municipal council, local entrepreneurs, or public-private joint initiative).
- 0111 - Growing of cereals (except rice), leguminous crops and oil seeds and 0112 - Growing of rice could be used for reference by extension workers and farmers with access to the internet.
- 8413 - Regulation of and contribution to more efficient operation of businesses
- 8412 - Regulation of the activities of providing health care, education, cultural services and other social services, excluding social security
Each class-level sector map is embedded in a section-level sector map as is evident from the bread-crumbs under its title.
For instance in Sector Maps » O - Public administration and defence; compulsory social security » 8421 - Foreign affairs, the class-level sector map 8421 - Foreign affairs is embedded in the section-level sector map O - Public administration and defence; compulsory social security.
Towards Inclusive Local Institutions
The recommendation to governments or civil society groups is to create, maintain and openly publish National, Provincial and Municipal social capital maps including sets of sector maps at the ISIC Class level for all industries, as well as Government Function maps for all functions of government. National and — where it is useful local — map sets should be aligned with their international counterparts that are in focus in this Actor Atlas.