There is one thing everyone using social media can do. It is sharing development content using sustainable development goal or target hashtags.
A farmer (also called an agriculturer) is a person engaged in agriculture, raising living organisms for food or raw materials. The term usually applies to people who do some combination of raising field crops, orchards, vineyards, poultry, or other livestock. A farmer might own the farmed land or might work as a labourer on land owned by others, but in advanced economies, a farmer is usually a farm owner, while employees of the farm are farm workers, farmhands, etc.
Source: Wikipedia (Farmer)
- See the ISIC sector map A - Agriculture, forestry and fishing for several online resources that matter to farmers.
- Farmers' Rights in the International Treaty on Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture Article 9 (see also comment).
- The Farmers' Rights Resource Pages for Decision makers and Practitioners (website).
Each farmer is typically involved in one or more of these economic activities (ISIC):
The functions of government (COFOG) that are specifically relevant for farmers and farm workers are (COFOG):
- #cofog0421 - Agriculture (CS)
- #cofog0422 - Forestry (CS)
- #cofog0423 - Fishing and hunting (CS)
- #cofog0540 - Protection of biodiversity and landscape (CS)
- #cofog0471 - Distributive trades, storage and warehousing (CS)
A farmer typically relies on suppliers from several of these economic activities (ISIC):
A farmer typically sells his or her produce to customers in these economic activities (ISIC):
In the media
"Farmer" in the tree of "Pico"
- Access to Information officer
- Aid consultant
- Business Change Manager
- Citizen of target group
- Civil servant
- Credit card user
- Initiative Manager
- Investor (retail)
- Local owner in a global wiki cooperative
- Member of Parliament
- Participation Content Steward
- Party leader
- Prime Minister
- Professional driver
- Senior Responsible Owner
- Social capital steward
- Someone standing for government office
- Taxpayer of donor country