There is one thing everyone using social media can do. It is sharing development content using sustainable development goal or target hashtags.
Business is an essential partner in the Global Partnership that can drive economic growth.
Its role in the Addis Ababa Action Agenda - #a4a2030 - #pi9 for implementing the Agenda for Sustainable Development - #SDGs is described in #a4b - II.B. Domestic and international private business and finance.
Small- and medium-sized firms will create most of the jobs that will be needed to help today’s poor escape poverty and for the 470 million who will enter the labour market by 2030.
Large firms have the money and expertise to build the infrastructure that will allow all people to connect to the modern economy. Big businesses can also link microenterprises and small entrepreneurs with larger markets. When they find a business model that works for sustainable development, they can scale it up fast, using their geographic spread to reach hundreds of millions of people.
Source: Report of the High-Level Panel on the Post-2015 Development Agenda (May 2013).
Firms are vital in (nearly) all industries in all countries of the world. The degree of regulation for a firm depends on the country where it operates and on its sector as determined by the relevant functions of government.
A firm will select the micro roles in which it will provide services, or products.
In the media
"Business" in the tree of "Macro"
- Civil society organisations
- Ethnic group
- Financial Stability Board (FSB)
- Global Partnership
- Government Accountability Office
- High-level political forum on sustainable development
- Human Rights Council
- International institutions
- Internet Governance Forum
- Investor (lender)
- Local Authorities
- Member State of the UN
- National Government
- National Knowledge Commission
- National Statistical System
- Non-governmental organization (NGO)
- Parliamentary Committees
- Parliamentary Monitoring Organization
- Philanthropic donors
- Professional Regulation Commission
- Recipient government
- Scientists and Academics
- Social Impact Investor
- Technology Bank
- UN Economic and Social Council
- UN General Assembly
- UN International Court of Justice
- United Nations
- United Nations Statistics Division
- WIPO Standing Committee on Copyright and Related Rights