There is one thing everyone using social media can do. It is sharing development content using sustainable development goal or target hashtags.
Citizenship denotes the link between a person and a state or an association of states. It is normally synonymous with the term nationality although the latter term may also refer to ethnic connotations. Possession of citizenship is normally associated with the right to work and live in a country and to participate in political life. A person who does not have citizenship in any state is said to be stateless.
Citizens need effective and transparent mechanisms to voice complaints concerning poor-quality, inefficient or inaccessible public services.
Empowering citizens to participate in inter-group negotiations and decision-making processes is one way to ensure that policies are citizen-centric, responsive and sustainable.
“People will most likely trust government when public servants effectively deliver the desired services in a timely manner, behave transparently with accountability and integrity, act in an ethical manner, are responsive to the needs of the people, and can be identified with the people they serve. Above all, in a post-conflict and crisis situation the public service must be seen to be fundamentally and positively different from the previous government in all its respects” (Capacity Development during Periods of Transition”. Practice note. Available at http://content.undp.org/go/cms-service/download/asset/?asset_id=1635026 , United Nations 2007).
- Functions of government that focus on citizens in particular include #COFOG07 - Health, #COFOG08 - Recreation, Culture and Religion, #COFOG09 - Education and #COFOG10 - Social Protection.
- The participation of any citizen in the public affairs, as enshrined in the Principles of democracy is primarily via function classes #cofog0111 - Executive and legislative organs (CS) and #cofog0112 - Financial and fiscal affairs (CS).
- Citizenship (Wikipedia).
In the media
"Citizen" in the tree of "Pico"
- Access to Information officer
- Aid consultant
- Business Change Manager
- Citizen of target group
- Civil servant
- Credit card user
- Initiative Manager
- Investor (retail)
- Local owner in a global wiki cooperative
- Member of Parliament
- Participation Content Steward
- Party leader
- Prime Minister
- Professional driver
- Senior Responsible Owner
- Social capital steward
- Someone standing for government office
- Taxpayer of donor country