There is one thing everyone using social media can do. It is sharing development content using sustainable development goal or target hashtags.
Following its establishment in Future We Want articles 084-086. - High level political forum, the format and organizational aspects of the High-level political forum on sustainable development were defined in a resolution adopted by the General Assembly on 9 July 2013.
More information about its work: https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/majorgroups/hlpf
There is reference to High-level political forum on sustainable development in:
- #a4g - II.G. Science, technology, innovation and capacity-building article #aaaa123 - Technology Facilitation Mechanism
- #a4i3 - III. Data, monitoring and follow-up article #aaaa132 - Annual Financing for development forum
- Report of the Secretary-General on critical milestones towards coherent, efficient and inclusive follow-up and review at the global level.
Its tasks include "assessing progress, achievements and challenges faced by developed and developing countries” and ensuring “that the Agenda for Sustainable Development - #SDGs remains relevant and ambitious”. It should draw high-level political attention to gaps or areas where we are lagging behind and provide “political leadership, guidance and recommendations for follow-up”.
Its meetings are under the auspices of UN General Assembly or UN Economic and Social Council and it is proposed that these (typically) include these items in the 2030 Agenda Review Framework (Interaction Dictionary):
(i) Review of overall progress, with the review of the SDG progress report, National Reviews, and Regional Reviews;
(ii) Review of progress in specific areas, with thematic review on the Theme and In-depth Reviews of a subset of SDGs;
(iii) Review of #sdg17 - Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development and other inputs on the implementation of the Addis Ababa Action Agenda - #a4a2030 - #pi9; and
(iv) new and emerging issues and looking to the long term.
- #sdg17 - Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development
- #isic9900 - Activities of extraterritorial organizations and bodies
In the media
"High-level political forum on sustainable development" in the tree of "Macro"
- Civil society organisations
- Ethnic group
- Financial Stability Board (FSB)
- Global Partnership
- Government Accountability Office
- High-level political forum on sustainable development
- Human Rights Council
- International institutions
- Internet Governance Forum
- Investor (lender)
- Local Authorities
- Member State of the UN
- National Government
- National Knowledge Commission
- National Statistical System
- Non-governmental organization (NGO)
- Parliamentary Committees
- Parliamentary Monitoring Organization
- Philanthropic donors
- Professional Regulation Commission
- Recipient government
- Scientists and Academics
- Social Impact Investor
- Technology Bank
- UN Economic and Social Council
- UN General Assembly
- UN International Court of Justice
- United Nations
- United Nations Statistics Division
- WIPO Standing Committee on Copyright and Related Rights