There is one thing everyone using social media can do. It is sharing development content using sustainable development goal or target hashtags.
International institutions will play a key role in the Global Partnership:
- The United Nations, of course, has a central normative and convening role, and can join partnerships through its development funds, programmes and specialised agencies.
- International financial institutions can compensate for the market’s failures to supply long-term finance for sustainable projects in low- and middle-income countries, but they need to be more innovative, flexible and nimble in the way they operate.
- The Panel noted the huge potential to use public money to catalyse and scale up private financing for sustainable development. For example, only 2 per cent of the $5 trillion in sovereign wealth fund assets has so far been invested in sustainable development projects
Source: Report of the High-Level Panel on the Post-2015 Development Agenda (May 2013).
In the media
"International institutions" in the tree of "Macro"
- Civil society organisations
- Ethnic group
- Financial Stability Board (FSB)
- Global Partnership
- Government Accountability Office
- High-level political forum on sustainable development
- Human Rights Council
- International institutions
- Internet Governance Forum
- Investor (lender)
- Local Authorities
- Member State of the UN
- National Government
- National Knowledge Commission
- National Statistical System
- Non-governmental organization (NGO)
- Parliamentary Committees
- Parliamentary Monitoring Organization
- Philanthropic donors
- Professional Regulation Commission
- Recipient government
- Scientists and Academics
- Social Impact Investor
- Technology Bank
- UN Economic and Social Council
- UN General Assembly
- UN International Court of Justice
- United Nations
- United Nations Statistics Division
- WIPO Standing Committee on Copyright and Related Rights