There is one thing everyone using social media can do. It is sharing development content using sustainable development goal or target hashtags.
The report of the High-Level Panel on the Post-2015 Development Agenda (May 2013) describes the specific role national governments have play in the new global partnership as follows:
National governments have the central role and responsibility for their own development and for ensuring universal human rights. They decide on national targets, taxes, policies, plans and regulations that will translate the vision and goals of the post-2015 agenda into practical reality.
They have a role in every sector and at many levels – from negotiating international trade or environmental agreements to creating an enabling environment for business and setting environmental standards at home.
Source: Report of the High-Level Panel on the Post-2015 Development Agenda (May 2013) (page 10).
In the media
"National Government" in the tree of "Macro"
- Civil society organisations
- Ethnic group
- Financial Stability Board (FSB)
- Global Partnership
- Government Accountability Office
- High-level political forum on sustainable development
- Human Rights Council
- International institutions
- Internet Governance Forum
- Investor (lender)
- Local Authorities
- Member State of the UN
- National Government
- National Knowledge Commission
- National Statistical System
- Non-governmental organization (NGO)
- Parliamentary Committees
- Parliamentary Monitoring Organization
- Philanthropic donors
- Professional Regulation Commission
- Recipient government
- Scientists and Academics
- Social Impact Investor
- Technology Bank
- UN Economic and Social Council
- UN General Assembly
- UN International Court of Justice
- United Nations
- United Nations Statistics Division
- WIPO Standing Committee on Copyright and Related Rights