There is one thing everyone using social media can do. It is sharing development content using sustainable development goal or target hashtags.
The body of (elected) people (in an institutional sense) who would meet to discuss matters of state.
Generally, a parliament has three functions: representation, legislation and parliamentary control (i.e., hearings, inquiries).
Parliament refers to a democratic government's legislature. The term is derived from the French parlement, the action of parler (to speak): a parlement is a discussion. The term came to mean a meeting at which such a discussion took place.
Further details: Parliament (Wikipedia).
See for example:
- Parliament's role (www.parliament.uk) and 7 essential functions of the Parliament of India (Rohini Dasgupta in Preserve Articles).
The Working of a Parliament
- Brief description: Standards for Democratic Parliaments.
- Extensive description: 111th House Rules as Amended by 112th Rules Changes (US)
In the media
"Parliament" in the tree of "Macro"
- Civil society organisations
- Ethnic group
- Financial Stability Board (FSB)
- Global Partnership
- Government Accountability Office
- High-level political forum on sustainable development
- Human Rights Council
- International institutions
- Internet Governance Forum
- Investor (lender)
- Local Authorities
- Member State of the UN
- National Government
- National Knowledge Commission
- National Statistical System
- Non-governmental organization (NGO)
- Parliamentary Committees
- Parliamentary Monitoring Organization
- Philanthropic donors
- Professional Regulation Commission
- Recipient government
- Scientists and Academics
- Social Impact Investor
- Technology Bank
- UN Economic and Social Council
- UN General Assembly
- UN International Court of Justice
- United Nations
- United Nations Statistics Division
- WIPO Standing Committee on Copyright and Related Rights