There is one thing everyone using social media can do. It is sharing development content using sustainable development goal or target hashtags.
There are usually several dozens of parliamentary committees in a parliament
A committee consists of between 24 and 76 MPs, and has a chair, a bureau and a secretariat
The political make-up of the committees reflects that of the plenary assembly.
The parliamentary committees meet once or twice a month.
Their debates are held in public.
The committees draw up, amend and adopt legislative proposals and own-initiative reports
They consider proposals and, where necessary, draw up reports to be presented to the plenary assembly.
Parliament can also set up sub-committees and special temporary committees to deal with specific issues, and is empowered to create formal committees of inquiry under its supervisory remit to investigate allegations of maladmistration of the country's law.
The committee chairs coordinate the work of the committees in the Conference of Committee Chairs.
Details of the work of parliamentary committees may vary by country. This description is based on the situation at the European Parliament.
In the media
"Parliamentary Committees" in the tree of "Macro"
- Civil society organisations
- Ethnic group
- Financial Stability Board (FSB)
- Global Partnership
- Government Accountability Office
- High-level political forum on sustainable development
- Human Rights Council
- International institutions
- Internet Governance Forum
- Investor (lender)
- Local Authorities
- Member State of the UN
- National Government
- National Knowledge Commission
- National Statistical System
- Non-governmental organization (NGO)
- Parliamentary Committees
- Parliamentary Monitoring Organization
- Philanthropic donors
- Professional Regulation Commission
- Recipient government
- Scientists and Academics
- Social Impact Investor
- Technology Bank
- UN Economic and Social Council
- UN General Assembly
- UN International Court of Justice
- United Nations
- United Nations Statistics Division
- WIPO Standing Committee on Copyright and Related Rights