There is one thing everyone using social media can do. It is sharing development content using sustainable development goal or target hashtags.
Table of Contents
Partnerships for this goal
For partnerships engagements and initiatives towards this goal, check the United Nations Partnerships for SDGs platform: engagements for Goal 2. The registration of initiatives is ongoing.
Goal 2 - SDG2 in eight languages
- #SDG2 - الئضـاء علـى اجلـوع وتـويري األمـن الغـوا ي والتغويـة احملس ـ نة وتعهيـه الهراعـة املستدامة
- #SDG2 - 消除饥饿，实现粮食安全，改善营养和促进可持续农业
- #SDG2 - Hunger zu beenden Lebensmittelsicherheit und verbesserte Ernährung zu erreichen und eine nachhaltige Landwirtschaft zu f
- #ods2 - Poner fin al hambre, lograr la seguridad alimentaria y la mejora de la nutrición y promover la agricultura sostenible
- #SDG2 - Éliminer la faim, assurer la sécurité alimentaire, améliorer la nutrition et promouvoir une agriculture durable
- #SDG2 - 飢餓を終わらせ、食糧安全保障および栄養改善を実現し、持続可能な農業を促進する
- #SDG2 - Ликвидация голода, обеспечение продовольственной безопас-ности и улучшение питания и содействие устойчивому развитию сел
Under this goal the following sustainable development targets are defined:
#SDG2 - End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition, and promote sustainable agriculture
- #SDT021 - by 2030 end hunger and ensure access by all people, in particular the poor and people in vulnerable situations ...
- #SDT022 - by 2030 end all forms of malnutrition, including achieving by 2025 the internationally agreed targets on stunting..
- #SDT023 - by 2030 double the agricultural productivity and the incomes of small-scale food producers, particularly women,..
- #SDT024 - by 2030 ensure sustainable food production systems & implement resilient agricultural practices that increase ...
- #SDT025 - by 2020 maintain genetic diversity of seeds, cultivated plants, farmed & domesticated animals &their related wild spec
- #SDT02a - rural infrastructure, agricultural research and extension services, technology development, plant&livestock gene banks
- #SDT02b - correct and prevent trade restrictions and distortions in world agricultural markets including by ...
- #SDT02c - adopt measures to ensure the proper functioning of food commodity markets & their derivatives, facilitate ...
Which economic activities?
#ww88A - Agriculture, forestry and fishing
- #isic0111 - Growing of cereals (except rice), leguminous crops and oil seeds
- #isic0112 - Growing of rice
- #isic0113 - Growing of vegetables and melons, roots and tubers
- #isic0114 - Growing of sugar cane
- #isic0115 - Growing of tobacco
- #isic0116 - Growing of fibre crops
- #isic0119 - Growing of other non-perennial crops
- #isic0121 - Growing of grapes
- #isic0122 - Growing of tropical and subtropical fruits
- #isic0123 - Growing of citrus fruits
- #isic0124 - Growing of pome fruits and stone fruits
- #isic0125 - Growing of other tree and bush fruits and nuts
- #isic0126 - Growing of oleaginous fruits
- #isic0127 - Growing of beverage crops
- #isic0128 - Growing of spices, aromatic, drug and pharmaceutical crops
- #isic0129 - Growing of other perennial crops
- #isic0130 - Plant propagation
- #isic0141 - Raising of cattle and buffaloes
- #isic0142 - Raising of horses and other equines
- #isic0143 - Raising of camels and camelids
- #isic0144 - Raising of sheep and goats
- #isic0145 - Raising of swine/pigs
- #isic0146 - Raising of poultry
- #isic0149 - Raising of other animals
- #isic0150 - Mixed farming
- #isic0161 - Support activities for crop production
- #isic0162 - Support activities for animal production
- #isic0163 - Post-harvest crop activities
- #isic0164 - Seed processing for propagation
- #isic0170 - Hunting, trapping and related service activities
- #isic0210 - Silviculture and other forestry activities
- #isic0220 - Logging
- #isic0230 - Gathering of non-wood forest products
- #isic0240 - Support services to forestry
- #isic0311 - Marine fishing
- #isic0312 - Freshwater fishing
- #isic0321 - Marine aquaculture
- #isic0322 - Freshwater aquaculture
Which functions of government?
- #cofog0421 - Agriculture (CS)
- #cofog0422 - Forestry (CS)
- #cofog0423 - Fishing and hunting (CS)
- #cofog0540 - Protection of biodiversity and landscape (CS)
- #cofog0550 - R&D Environmental protection (CS)
Relevant open data
In the media
"#SDG2 - End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition, and promote sustainable agriculture" in the tree of "Sustainable Development Goals and Targets"
Sustainable Development Goals and Targets
- #SDG10 - Reduce inequality within and among countries
- #SDG11 - Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
- #SDG12 - Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
- #SDG13 - Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
- #SDG14 - Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development
- #SDG15 - Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, ...
- #SDG16 - Promote peaceful & inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all, .. institutions
- #sdg17 - Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development
- #SDG1 - End poverty in all its forms everywhere
- #SDG2 - End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition, and promote sustainable agriculture
- #SDG3 - Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
- #SDG4 - Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote life-long learning opportunities for all
- #SDG5 - Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
- #SDG6 - Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all
- #SDG7 - Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and modern energy for all
- #SDG8 - Promote sustained, inclusive & sustainable economic growth, full & productive employment & decent work for all
- #SDG9 - Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation