There is one thing everyone using social media can do. It is sharing development content using sustainable development goal or target hashtags.
Table of Contents
Partnerships for this goal
For partnerships engagements and initiatives towards this goal, check the United Nations Partnerships for SDGs platform: engagements for Goal 14. The registration of initiatives is ongoing.
Goal 14 - SDG14 in eight languages
- #SDG14 - حفــظ احمليطــال والبحــار واملــوار البح يــة واســتخدامما علــى حنــو مســتدام تحئيق التنمية املستدامة
- #SDG14 - 保护和可持续利用海洋和海洋资源促进可持续发展
- #SDG14 - Die Ozeane zu sichern, sie nachhaltig zu nutzen sowie Meere und marine Ressourcen nachhaltig zu entwickeln
- #ods14 - Conservar y utilizar en forma sostenible los océanos, los mares y los recursos marinos para el desarrollo sostenible
- #SDG14 - Conserver et exploiter de manière durable les océans, les mers et les ressources marines aux fins du développement dura
- #SDG14 - 持続可能な開発のために海洋資源を保全し、持続的に利用する
- #SDG14 - Сохранение и рациональное использование океанов, морей и морских ресурсов в интересах устойчивого развития
Under this goal the following sustainable development targets are defined:
#SDG14 - Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development
- #SDT141 - by 2025, prevent and significantly reduce marine pollution of all kinds, particularly from land-based activities,..
- #SDT142 - by 2020, sustainably manage and protect marine and coastal ecosystems to avoid significant adverse impacts, ...
- #SDT143 - minimize and address the impacts of ocean acidification, including through enhanced scientific cooperation ...
- #SDT144 - by 2020, effectively regulate harvesting, and end overfishing, illegal, unreported and unregulated (IUU) fishing ...
- #SDT145 - by 2020, conserve at least 10 per cent of coastal and marine areas, consistent with national & international law..
- #SDT146 - by 2020, prohibit certain forms of fisheries subsidies which contribute to overcapacity and overfishing, and ...
- #SDT147 - by 2030 increase the economic benefits to SIDS and LDCs from the sustainable use of marine resources, including ...
- #SDT14a - increase scientific knowledge, develop research capacities and transfer marine technology taking into account ...
- #SDT14b - provide access of small-scale artisanal fishers to marine resources and markets
- #SDT14c - ensure the full implementation of international law, as reflected in UNCLOS for states parties to it, including, ...
Which functions of government?
- #COFOG05 - Environmental Protection
Which economic activities?
#isic0311 - Marine fishing
#isic0321 - Marine aquaculture
#isic0610 - Extraction of crude petroleum
#isic0620 - Extraction of natural gas
#isic3600 - Water collection, treatment and supply
#isic3700 - Sewerage
#isic5011 - Sea and coastal passenger water transport
#isic5012 - Sea and coastal freight water transport
#isic7210 - Research and experimental development on natural sciences and engineering
Open data about environment
In the media
"#SDG14 - Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development" in the tree of "Sustainable Development Goals and Targets"
Sustainable Development Goals and Targets
- #SDG10 - Reduce inequality within and among countries
- #SDG11 - Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
- #SDG12 - Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
- #SDG13 - Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
- #SDG14 - Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development
- #SDG15 - Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, ...
- #SDG16 - Promote peaceful & inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all, .. institutions
- #sdg17 - Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development
- #SDG1 - End poverty in all its forms everywhere
- #SDG2 - End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition, and promote sustainable agriculture
- #SDG3 - Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
- #SDG4 - Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote life-long learning opportunities for all
- #SDG5 - Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
- #SDG6 - Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all
- #SDG7 - Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and modern energy for all
- #SDG8 - Promote sustained, inclusive & sustainable economic growth, full & productive employment & decent work for all
- #SDG9 - Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation