In partial fulfillment of #SDT178 - fully operationalize the Technology Bank & STI (Science,Technology&Innovation) capacity building mechanism for LDCs..., a resolution establishing the UN Technology Bank for the Least Developed Countries was passed by the UN General Assembly on 23 December, 2016.
- The Technology Bank website.
- The press release on the Bank.
- The General Assembly Resolution A/71/L.52.
- The 3-year strategic plan of the Technology Bank.
- The Charter of the Technology Bank is contained in a note by the Secretary-General A/71/363.
See also #a4g - II.G. Science, technology, innovation and capacity-building of the Addis Ababa Action Agenda - #a4a2030 - #pi9 for the wider context in which this Technology Bank will fulfill its mission. Its establishment was mentioned in Article 124 of the agenda ( #aaaa124 - Technology Bank for Least Developed Countries).