There is one thing everyone using social media can do. It is sharing development content using sustainable development goal or target hashtags.
The TEC is the policy component of the Technology Mechanism.
It was established in 2010 to facilitate enhanced action on climate technology development and transfer.
Read about the TEC's mandate, functions, modalities and rules of procedure.
- Provide an overview of technological needs and analysis of policy and technical issues related to the development and transfer of technologies for mitigation and adaptation;
- Consider and recommend actions to promote technology development and transfer, in order to accelerate action on mitigation and adaptation;
- Recommend guidance on policies and programme priorities related to technology development and transfer with special consideration given to the least developed country Parties;
- Promote and facilitate collaboration on the development and transfer of technologies for mitigation and adaptation between governments, the private sector, nonprofit organizations and academic and research communities;
- Recommend actions to address the barriers to technology development and transfer in order to enable enhanced action on mitigation and adaptation;
- Seek cooperation with relevant international technology initiatives, stakeholders and organizations, and promote coherence and cooperation across technology activities, including activities under and outside of the Convention;
- Catalyse the development and use of technology road maps or action plans at the international, regional and national levels through cooperation between relevant stakeholders, particularly governments and relevant organizations or bodies, including the development of best practice guidelines as facilitative tools for action on mitigation and adaptation;
In the media
"Technology Executive Committee (UNFCCC)" in the tree of "Meso"
- Asia Pacific CoP-MfDR
- Bankers Association
- Civil service commission
- Climate Technology Centre and Network (UNFCCC)
- Department of Education
- e-Agriculture (Community of Practice)
- Energy access practitioner network
- Global Centre for ICT in Parliament
- Guideline Clearinghouse
- International Council on Mining & Metals (ICMM)
- International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA)
- International Federation of Reproduction Rights Organisations
- International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center
- International Rice Research Institute
- Inter-Parliamentary Union
- League of Cities
- League of Municipalities
- League of Provinces
- League of Vice Governors
- Professional Regulatory Board
- Tax Justice Network
- Teacher and Teacher Educators from sub-Saharan Africa (TESSA)
- Teacher's Association
- Technology Executive Committee (UNFCCC)
- United Nations Peacebuilding Commission
- Wikiworx Academy