There is one thing everyone using social media can do. It is sharing development content using sustainable development goal or target hashtags.
A university (Latin: "universitas", "a whole") is an institution of higher education and research which grants academic degrees in a variety of subjects and provides both undergraduate education and postgraduate education.
Several targets under Sustainable Development Goal #SDG04 matter to universities, its students, professors and graduates:
#SDG4 - Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote life-long learning opportunities for all
- #SDT041 - by 2030, ensure that all girls and boys complete free, equitable and quality primary and secondary education ...
- #SDT042 - by 2030 ensure that all girls & boys have access to quality early childhood development, care &pre-primary education..
- #SDT043 - by 2030 ensure equal access for all women and men to affordable quality technical, vocational and tertiary education..
- #SDT044 - skills, including technical and vocational skills, for employment, decent jobs and entrepreneurship
- #SDT045 - by 2030, eliminate gender disparities in education and ensure equal access to all levels of education & vocational ..
- #SDT046 - by 2030 ensure that all youth and at least x% of adults, both men and women, achieve literacy and numeracy
- #SDT047 - by 2030 ensure all learners acquire knowledge and skills needed to promote sustainable development, including ...
- #SDT04a - build and upgrade education facilities that are child, disability and gender sensitive and provide safe, ..
- #SDT04b - by 2020 expand by x% globally the number of scholarships for developing countries in particular LDCs, SIDS ...
- #SDT04c - by 2030 increase by x% the supply of qualified teachers, including through international cooperation for teacher ...
The typical roles at a university include:
- Master students
- Doctoral students
- Research fellows
- Professors (assistant, associate and full)
Universities play an important role in these economic activities:
- Higher education (#isic8530)
- Research and experimental development on natural sciences and engineering (#isic7210)
- Research and experimental development on social sciences and humanities (#isic7220)
and in the functions of government that involve research and development:
- Basic research (CS) (#cofog0140)
- R&D General public services (CS) (#cofog0150)
- R&D Defence (CS) (#cofog0240)
- R&D Public order and safety (CS) (#cofog0350)
- R&D General economic, commercial and labour affairs (CS) (#cofog0481)
- R&D Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (CS) (#cofog0482)
- R&D Fuel and energy (CS) (#cofog0483)
- R&D Mining, manufacturing and construction (CS) (#cofog0484)
- R&D Transport (CS) (#cofog0485)
- R&D Communication (CS) (#cofog0486)
- R&D Other industries (CS) (#cofog0487)
- R&D Environmental protection (CS) (#cofog0550)
- R&D Housing and community amenities (CS) (#cofog0650)
- R&D Health (CS) (#cofog0750)
- R&D Recreation, culture and religion (CS) (#cofog0850)
- R&D Education (CS) (#cofog0970)
- R&D Social protection (CS) (#cofog1080)
In most countries, university education and research is performed at institutions that are overseen by functions of government:
In the media
"University" in the tree of "Micro"
- Country Chapter of the Actor Atlas
- External partner
- Implementing agency
- Initiative Support Office
- Investor (institutional)
- ISIC 0729 Firm- Mining of other non-ferrous metal ores
- ISIC-3510 Firm ( Electric power generation, transmission or distribution)
- ISIC-3520 Firm (Manufacture of gas; distribution of gaseous fuels through mains)
- Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC)
- Plant clinic
- Political party
- Project Team
- Public-private partnership (#PPP)
- Radio Station
- Topic Group
- Wiki cooperative