Sustainable Development Target 09.c significantly increase access to ICT and strive to provide universal and affordable access to internet in LDCs by 2020
How to achieve? Where is action needed?
For open data regarding this target see #SDG9 - Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation.
Several articles of the Addis Ababa Action Agenda or the New Urban Agenda describe possible initiatives. If these articles are not listed here, then look them up via Search the Actor Atlas using one or more of these terms access-to-ict access-to-internet ict internet ldc.
The Addis Ababa Action Agenda - #a4a2030 - #pi9 is not very specific about how this target will be achieved, however for several of its "actions" the increased access to ICT is a pre-condition.
For these activities an increased access to ICT will be an essential enabler for implementing two chapters of the Addis Ababa Action Agenda - #a4a2030 - #pi9:
- #a4g - II.G. Science, technology, innovation and capacity-building:
- digital divide is a major cause for #aaaa114 - Uneven innovative capacity, connectivity and access to technology,
- #aaaa115 - Capacity development will be integral to achieving the post 2015 development agenda
- #aaaa116 - Policies and enabling environment for innovation and access mentions the dissemination of technologies, particularly to micro, small and medium-sized enterprises
- #aaaa119 - Enhancing STEM, vocational, technical, online education promises to deliver increased access to online education in areas related to sustainable development,
- #aaaa123 - Technology Facilitation Mechanism will provide an online platform to disseminate open access information;
- #a4i3 - III. Data, monitoring and follow-up:
- #aaaa125 - National statistical systems supplemented with others' data and analysis,
- #aaaa127 - Transparency, open data, linking needs and support,
- #aaaa128 - Access to tools, data standards, data literacy, accessibility and use metions global data literacy,
- #aaaa130 - Broadbased participation in mechanisms for follow-up and review.
If you have questions, needs, ideas, answers, comments about "achieving this target near you" we recommend you to use also your neighbourhood's #WWlgu which can be found via Your community leading sustainable development? #WWlgu for #LocalizingSDGs.
In the media
Use #sdt09c on social media!
This short video explains why …
Discover the targets (and #tags) for each topic …
Tag cloud for sustainable development targets
Comments, questions & answers
Do you have a question about this target in your country?
Do you have or know content to share about this target in a specific country?
Do you have an answer to a tagged question?
Then tweet or post the question, content or answer, with the hashtag constructed by adding the country's ISO code to #sdt09c, for instance #sdt09cDZ for a post or tweet about #SDT09c - significantly increase access to ICT and strive to provide universal & affordable access to internet in LDCs in Algeria.