Sustainable Development Target 17.6 enhance North-South, South-South and triangular regional and international cooperation on and access to science, technology and innovation, and enhance knowledge sharing on mutually agreed terms, including through improved coordination among existing mechanisms, particularly at UN level, and through a global technology facilitation mechanism when agreed
How to achieve? Where is action needed?
For open data regarding this target see #sdg17 - Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development.
Several articles of the Addis Ababa Action Agenda or the New Urban Agenda describe possible initiatives. If these articles are not listed here, then look them up via Search the Actor Atlas using one or more of these terms access innovation international-cooperation north-south patents regional-cooperation science south-south technology technology-facilitation-mechanism.
- #aaaa114 - Uneven innovative capacity, connectivity and access to technology
- #aaaa115 - Capacity development will be integral to achieving the post 2015 development agenda
- #aaaa116 - Policies and enabling environment for innovation and access
- #aaaa117 - Knowledge sharing and entrepreneurship, knowledge of indigenous peoples & local communities
- #aaaa118 - Public finance, open access, innovation funds
- #aaaa119 - Enhancing STEM, vocational, technical, online education
- #aaaa120 - International cooperation and collaboration in science, research, technology and innovation
- #aaaa121 - R&D in health, food security, marine technology and biodiversity
- #aaaa122 - Coherence and synergies among science and technology initiatives
- #aaaa123 - Technology Facilitation Mechanism
- #aaaa124 - Technology Bank for Least Developed Countries
If you have questions, needs, ideas, answers, comments about "achieving this target near you" we recommend you to use also your neighbourhood's #WWlgu which can be found via Your community leading sustainable development? #WWlgu for #LocalizingSDGs.
In the media
Use #sdt176 on social media!
This short video explains why …
Discover the targets (and #tags) for each topic …
Tag cloud for sustainable development targets
Comments, questions & answers
Do you have a question about this target in your country?
Do you have or know content to share about this target in a specific country?
Do you have an answer to a tagged question?
Then tweet or post the question, content or answer, with the hashtag constructed by adding the country's ISO code to #sdt176, for instance #sdt176DZ for a post or tweet about #SDT176 - enhance North-South, South-South, international cooperation on and access to science, technology & innovation in Algeria.